Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Magistrate's Court!

Today we got to visit the Magistrate's Court and that was beyond awesome! Unfortunately we could not take pictures, but I definitely will not forget the experience. The American legal system and UK legal system has so many similarities, yet just as many differences.

The biggest thing that got me is the relaxed state of the court. In the few court visits that I have made in America, every time was super uptight and you were afraid to even move. Today I felt relaxed and was interested in what I saw.

The coolest thing was the defendants were put behind a glass was when it was there hearing which I think would be amazing to implement in US.

This trip was absolutely so cool so far and I can't wait for the rest of these two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment